The latest version of our Carbaura RCD wheels have been designed to maximise aerodynamic benefit and with excellent linear compliance and lateral stiffness these wheels will keep you a bike length ahead of the competition!
Built around an optimised, Computational Fluid Dynamics tested, aerodynamic profile in a Carbon Fibre chassis, low weights, linear compliance, and lateral stiffness were our primary aims with the Carbaura RCD wheelsets.
Developed with a 21mm internal and 28mm external rim width which allows you to run a wide range of traditional or tubeless tyres. Optimised for a modern compliant and supple 28c tyre, delivering enhanced comfort and ultimate grip in any situation.
At the centre of the Carbaura RCD wheelsets are our RD2 hubs equipped with centre lock, to accept disc brakes for consistently powerful braking in all weathers and to eliminate rim wear.
The RD2 hub set also incorporates Supadrive, which offers a 120 point near-instant engagement with the ability to withstand substantial torque loads. With multiple World Championship titles across a range of disciplines, the Supadrive system is tried and tested to the very highest level and is our most advanced and reliable drive system to date.
Handcrafted with lightweight bladed aero spokes to decrease resistance and widely spaced hub flanges, the Carbaura RCD wheelsets have been built to reduce any possible lateral flex and increase power transfer. Both front and rear wheels use a 16/8e lacing pattern to balance spoke tensions and withstand torque and braking forces from the centre of the wheels.
Now available in three depths:
- 35mm – a classic climber and all rounder
- 50mm- a midweight racer option
- 80mm – an ultimate speed set for crit racer or time trial specialist.
- External Rim Width: 28mm
- Spokes: Halo Black Aero Racing Stainless spokes
- Nipples: Black brass nipples
- Rim Depth: 50mm
- Internal Rim Width: 21mm
- Front Hub Spacing: 12mm x 100mm (100mm - QR Available aftermarket)
- Rear Hub Spacing: 12 x 142mm (QR available aftermarket)
- Freehub: Campag, Shimano HG or SRAM XDR
- Drive System: Supadrive
- Disc Mount: Centre-lock
- Spoke pattern: F16/8H | R16/8H
- Recommended Tyre size: 25 - 32c
- Recommended inflation pressure: tubeless ready
- Colour: Anodised black hub. Matte finished rim with Stealth decals