Our Rear Rack is made of tubular CroMoly steel and is designed for expedition touring. We’re not saying you should quit your job, but if you did and needed a bike rack to haul your belongings this would be one that could stand up to the rigors of jobless wandering via bicycle. It is easily repairable on the road and strong enough that you’ll likely never have to worry.
The Rear Rack is also height adjustable and can fit a wide selection of wheel sizes while allowing you to keep the center of gravity as low as possible for a stable ride. There’s plenty of room up top to lash all kinds of things: small travel guitars, large bongs, medium pizzas, tents, camping chairs, cinder blocks, it’s really up to you. The stainless steel hardware we provide will enable you to fit them to most rigid 26", 700c and some 29+ frames, and forks equipped with drum, caliper, or cantilever brakes. Disc brakes and suspension are generally not compatible with our rear Racks, though there is an increasing number of frames designed to allow the use of racks and disc brakes.
- Strong, reliable, repairable cro-moly.
- Fits most 26"/700c Touring frames 42 to 62cm.
- Wide Cargo platform.
- Not recommended with Disc brakes* and/or suspension.
- Powder coat black or silver.
* Rear rack WILL work with disc brakes on Surly Troll, Ogre, and Disc Trucker frames. This is accomplished by moving the rear caliper inside the rear triangle. It does limit you to a 160mm rotor but what the hell? Brakes only slow you down. We also have aftermarket upper tubes available in longer 240mm length so you can fit the Rear Rack to smaller frames and still keep things level.